microsoft powerpoint: Tornadoes vs hurricanes
In this activity, you will open and view a presentation. You will find that some of the slides are not complete. Use the information below to complete the presentation.
- First you need to view the presentation.
- Click the "Tornadoes vs Hurricanes" button above to download the file.
- Then, click on it to open it up.
- Click "Save As" to save it to your student folder.
- Add your name to the title slide in the subtitle placeholder.
- View slides 2, 3, and 4, they are complete.
- Slide 5 has the text but needs a title. Add this information to the title placeholder: Where do Storms Form?
- Slide 6 has a title but needs the text. Add this information to slide 6:
• Hurricanes 100-300 miles wide
• Last 10-14 days
• Rate of travel 5 mph
• Travel with Trade Winds
- The layout for Slide 7 includes a placeholder for a graphic or other content. Click the Insert Clip Art button and add clip art to the slide that might show hurricane damage.
- Look at Slide 8. Does it look crowded to you? Change the size of the text font to make it fit better on the slide.
- What's wrong with Slide 9? Change the size of the font to 32 to match the rest of the presentation.
- Slide 10 is almost complete. It only needs one more bullet added. Add this information about the duration of tornadoes:
• A few minutes to three hours
- The layout for Slide 11 includes a placeholder for a graphic or other content; add clip art to the slide that might show tornado damage.
- Slide 12 looks very crowded. Maybe this information needs to be on two slides. Insert a new slide into the presentation.
- Use the same title for Slide 13 as for Slide 12 but add the word "continued" to the title on Slide 13.
- Drag the pointer to select the last 3 bullets-F3-F5 on Slide 12 and then click the Cut button on the Standard toolbar to cut them from that Slide.
- Select Slide 13, click the Click to Add text placeholder, then click the Paste button on the Standard toolbar to paste the bullets.
- Adjust the font on both slides to size 32 so that it matches the rest of the presentation.
- Decide how animation will improve your presentation. Add animation and transitions to the slides you want to animate.
- Add transitions so when you view the slide show there is interesting animation as the slides appear on the screen.
- Save the presentation & turn it in below.
Here's what it will look like when you are finished.